Chickahominy Area Triad
The next Chickahominy Area Triad meeting will be held:
Wednesday, February 19, 2020, 2:00-4:00pm
at the New Kent County Sheriff’s Office
11995 Courthouse Circle, New Kent, VA
Triad is a national, state, and local program focused on reducing crimes against seniors through crime prevention education. In Virginia, Triad is sponsored by the Office of the Attorney General.
The Chickahominy Area Triad is a partnership with the Charles City and New Kent Sheriffs Offices, Charles City and New Kent governmental departments, human service agencies, civic groups, and community seniors. The group provides information and education about programs, services, and systems that help prevent crimes against seniors and improve their quality of life.
- Providing presentations at our meetings on how to avoid criminal victimization, frauds and scams, home security information, home safety and elder abuse prevention.
- Spring Fling – Senior health and safety fair held in the spring to help celebrate and educate our seniors. This year’s Spring Fling will be held Thursday, April 9, 2020, 9:30 a.m. to 12:30 p.m. at the Charles City Recreation Center (8320 Ruthville Road, Ruthville). Donations are welcome.
- Active Aging Week Event – Held in September to celebrate active aging.
- S.T.A.R. Progam (New Kent) - Sheriff’s Telephone Answering Response Program. This program was established to assist citizens who are in need of daily contact. Call the department’s non-emergency number for more information – 804-966-9500.
- SWAP (Charles City) - Senior Watch Accountability Program is a program where we check on the senior citizens of our community three times a week either by phone or in person. If you or if you have a senior citizen you wish for us to check on please contact Charita Greene at 804-652-2354.
- Other programs on the way.
Chickahominy Area Triad meetings are held on the 3rd Wednesday of every month at 2:00 PM. We meet January, March, May, July, Sept., Nov. at the Charles City Social Center, 8320 Ruthville Road, Charles City, and Feb., Apr., June, Aug., Oct., Dec. at the New Kent Sheriff’s Office, 11995 Courthouse Circle, New Kent.
Important phone numbers
- Non-Emergency Sheriff’s Office, Charles City: 804-829-9265
- Non-Emergency Sheriff’s Office, New Kent: 804-966-9500
- Non-Emergency Fire/EMS, Charles City: 804-829-9265
- Non-Emergency Fire/EMS, New Kent: 804-966-9618
- Better Business Bureau Senior Fraud Program: 804-780-2222
- Do Not Call Registry: 888-382-1222
- Medicaid Fraud Control Unit: 800-371-0824
- State Corporation Commission Bureau of Insurance: 877-310-6560
- Virginia Consumer Protection Section: 804-786-2042
- Senior Medicare Patrol: 800-938-8885